Free HIPAA Compliance Training
Refresh Your HIPAA Knowledge
Free HIPAA training for you and your staff! Check back every month for new videos on HIPAA Privacy, Security, and industry best practices.
Free HIPAA Training
Use the following free HIPAA training videos to refresh your HIPAA knowledge or learn new HIPAA tidbits.
These videos are not meant to replace your internal HIPAA training program. You are required to train your employees on more than just the basics. These videos can augment but not replace your training program. If you do not have a HIPAA training program, please contact us. We can work with you to create a custom HIPAA training program to meet your needs.
Properly Disposing of PHI
Throwing sensitive information in the office trash bin is not going to cut it for a HIPAA covered entity like yours. There are several different types of PHI, including digital that need to be carefully disposed of. In this video, learn how to stay HIPAA compliant while taking out the trash. This training is for all employees including custodial and HIPAA compliance officers.
Patient Privacy on Social Media
This HIPAA training video covers the dangers of using social media at work or using it as a platform to talk about work in a way that might compromise patient privacy. In this video we give examples of poor social media practices and offer solutions on how to be more HIPAA compliant online. This video is targeted to all employees and we recommend making it part of recurring training.
This HIPAA training video is targeted for newly hired employees who have had less than 3 years prior experience in Healthcare. Learn what PHI is and why is it vital to keep patient’s privacy protected.
Learn the basics of Phishing. What it is, how to spot it and how to avoid it.
Bring Your Own Device
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is essential for healthcare workers in many ways. Administrative staff and other employees may be working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic. When there isn’t enough hospital/clinic owned devices to go around, employees are permitted to use their own devices provided they follow these HIPAA guidelines.
Smart Home Devices
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many Healthcare administration workers are working from home. While we know you are all doing what you can to stay HIPAA compliant, something we don’t often think about is our smart home devices that are always listening and storing what we say at home. This includes sensitive information like PHI. Remember to turn off all smart home devices while discussing PHI.
Elevate Your HIPAA Compliance
HIPAA training is awesome! But training does not make you HIPAA compliant.
In order to ensure your organization is HIPAA compliant, you need add a few additional steps to your HIPAA training. When reviewing your HIPAA compliance program, make sure you:
- Have policies and procedures.
- Implement, document, and track your implementation efforts to ensure you are meeting all the requirements.
- Train your staff on YOUR policies and procedures, not just a HIPAA 101.
- Conduct a Security Risk Analysis.
- Assess your vulnerabilities and threats. This is important so you have a full understanding of any gaps that you may have and the impact they will have on your organization. (Not to mention it is REQUIRED by HIPAA.)
- Make sure you are mitigating your identified risks. If you are accepting any risks, document any steps you are taking that help to reduce your risk or why you are accepting the risk.
- Send out periodic security reminders.
- Enter into business associate agreements with your vendors.
- Ensure you are using compliant vendors!
- Document and track all privacy and security incidents and breaches!
HIPAA compliance does not need to complicated and overwhelming! HIPAAtrek is your guide on your compliance journey. With a tool as simple and thorough as HIPAAtrekl, we ensure you’ll never miss a step! Are you ready to trek with us?